- Yes, you can apply for the PGDM programme of your choice.
- The admission to PGDM programme is provisional and will be confirmed based on the fulfilment of all the eligibility requirements by the registered student.
- Students awaiting final year results will have to submit their Degree Certificates/ transcripts on or before 15 Nov 2019.
- Yes, you are eligible to apply for any PGDM programme(s).
- There is no age limit for the admission.
- The selection to any PGDM programme is based on fulfilment of eligibility requirement and successful completion of admission formalities (Written Test and Personal Interviews, verification of Original documents).
Yes, students with any bachelor’s degree/ background can apply for PGDM programme at TEC.
- Terna Public Charitable Trust's - Terna Engineering College (TEC) is one of the finest Technical Institutions in Mumbai, accredited with an 'A' Grade from Government of Maharashtra having ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management Certification.
- The academic programmes at TEC are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) and is affiliated to University of Mumbai (UoM), Mumbai and accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- The TEC-PGDM programmes offered under Terna Engineering College (TEC) are autonomous and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Yes, out station students, who need support with accommodation will be provided with off-campus hostels/ flats that are fully furnished with excellent amenities.
- These flats will be arranged nearby campus.
- Admission to off-campus hostel is voluntary and depends on the choice of the individual student.
- The off-campus hostel facility arranged by TEC-PGDM team are – fully furnished flats that are located near the campus.
- The cost is Rs. 90,000/- per semester and it includes housing, food and pickup-drop facilities.
- Also, students who stay in the off-campus flats need not register for meals and transportation facilities. They will be charged accordingly.
- Yes, all off-campus hostel/ flats are gender segregated (separate hostel rooms for boys and girls).
- These flats are governed by terms and conditions with respect to the usage of the premises.
- A Student Handbook/ Hostel Guideline (with specific rules and regulations) pertaining to the use of off-campus flats will be shared with the respective students.
- The off-campus hostel is located within the range of 10 kms from Nerul, Navi Mumbai.
- We will be arranging pick-up and drop for students staying in these flats.
- Nerul is located in the heart of the Navi Mumbai and easily accessible by public and private transportation systems.
- TEC practices no discrimination against any individual based on their caste, class, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, race, region, language, etc.,
- All individuals and their choices are respected and valued as an equal human being.
- We encourage students to apply for the PGDM programmes.
- TEC has tie-up with premier banks for faster release and processing of loan applications.
- Students selected for the PGDM programmes have the possibility of applying for ‘Special Student Loans’ from premier banks.
- These loans are made available to the interested students at a nominal EMI with several other facilities.
- The loans will be disbursed as per the eligibility criteria and procedures of the bank.
- The detailed information will be provided to interested students.
- 20 percent of the total students registered for the 05 PGDM programmes will be considered for in-house Scholarships.
- Scholarships will be awarded to deserving candidates based on the assessment of ‘Scholarship Selection Committee’.
- The basic criteria for selection will be based on the overall background of the applicant - Merit, Family Income, Motivation for joining the programme, academic and research interests etc.
- Preference will be given to first generation learners; students coming from backward/ under developed regions; students supported by single parents/ women headed households etc.
- The process for application, will be explained to students upon admission to the respective programme(s).
The credit for Individual PGDM programmes are as follows:
|Sr.No.||Name of the Programme||Total No. of Credits|
|1||Post Graduate Diploma in Sustainability Management||96|
|2||Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management||96|
|3||Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel and Human Resources Management||96|
|4||Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing and Finance Management||96|
|5||Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management||100|
- The programme details along with the course list and programme structure will be provided to interested students via email.
- Students can also interact with the Programme faculty – if they have any queries, with respect to individual courses.
- The TEC-PGDM entrance test is divided in two parts:
- Written Test – 100 marks
- Personal Interview – 100 marks
A Senior Panel of Faculty members from respective School/ Centre will be interviewing the short-listed candidates.
The Written Test consists of two papers, viz. General Test and Descriptive Test (based on the programmes you have applied for).
Sr No. GENERAL TEST
(Programme Related Questions)
1 General Awareness Post Graduate Diploma in Sustainability Management 2 Current Affairs 3 English 4 Mathematics 5 Logic 6 Reasoning
- Please note, applicants with a valid GMAT/ CMAT/ CAT/ MAT/ XAT scores will be exempted from the Written Test but will undergo the Personal Interview process (based on the assessment of the selection committee).
- Similarly, applicants from Armed forces [fulfilling GOI reservation norms] will also be exempted from Written Test but will undergo Personal Interviews as part of the selection process.
- The applicant has to upload the relevant score card (for valid GMAT/ CMAT/ CAT/ MAT/ XAT) during the application process to be considered for exemption from Written Test.
- Students who have registered for these tests (GMAT/ CMAT/ CAT/ MAT/ XAT) and awaiting results can also apply.
- No, for the current PGDM admission process, the short-listed students will have to personally visit the Terna Engineering College campus, Nerul – Navi Mumbai during the admission process between 10 August – 20 August 2019.
- The written test and interview will be scheduled on the same day – allowing out- station students to plan their travel accordingly.
- The short-listed applicants will be communicated the date of Written Test, Personal Interview and other details via email.
Reservation of seats for each PGDM programme will be followed as per Government of India (GoI) and Government of Maharashtra (GoM) norms.
- Yes, of-course. At TEC, we do not discriminate based on language, sex, caste, class, creed, religion, region, etc.
- However, the medium of instruction for all Programmes is English.
- We will have language skill classes for students coming from vernacular backgrounds to support them during the programme.
No, for the current batch, we are not accepting admission of any NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ CWIGC or International students.
- Please note, for all PGDM programmes, 2/3 rd of the programmes will be ‘on the job training’.
- All PGDM students, from second semester onwards will be placed with different field placement setups – like developmental agencies, funding agencies, companies, corporate houses, government institutions etc., based on their interest and core programme.
- For instance, students registered for PGDM in Hospital and Health Management programme will be placed with Hospitals, Community and Health-care institutions; whereas students doing the Rural Management Programme can be placed with developmental/ Government agencies.
- The field engagement component is aimed at providing students with first-hand, on the job-training and experience of gaps between the theory and practical world.
- As part of the field placements, students have a possibility of receiving a monthly stipend around Rs. 15,000/- based on the placement setting.
- The stipend will be based on industry standards – provided the student completes all the placement requirements.
- Terna will provide 100% support and assistance for Job placement of all students registered for the different Post Graduate Diploma programmes.
- A centralized Placement Committee has been setup to help students in securing placements in their areas of interest, keeping in mind the aspirations and backgrounds.
- This placement committee will work closely with PGDM students.